Braces for Teens in Broomfield
At Prentice Orthodontics, we’re your neighborhood dentist using the most advanced orthodontic technology. We offer the best options for braces and aligners for your teenage child. Your teen can choose from metal braces, clear braces, ceramic braces, lingual braces, and many other treatment options to fit their needs. We offer care instructions that are easy for you and your teen to understand and follow— their comfort is our top priority.
To that end, treatment has never been easier or more comfortable due to technological advancements in braces and aligners. This reduces your teen’s visits to the orthodontist, keeping them out of our chair and in the classroom.
Although it varies from patient to patient, the most common time for orthodontic work is early adolescence, between ages 11 and 15. For most children, permanent teeth have fully come in by age 12. When permanent teeth are in place, it is much easier to find issues that can present problems later in life, like crooked teeth, overbite, or gaps. Generally, these problems require corrective procedures and treatments.
When Should My Teen Start Treatment?
Early adolescence is a great time to wear braces. First, wearing braces at this age is very common, so many of your child’s friends and peers will likely be wearing them. Next, this is the perfect time to address issues that occur after permanent teeth have come in. Finally, growth spurts are common among teens.
This gives teens undergoing treatment a great advantage because sudden and more rapid growth can cause changes to the teen’s bite, positioning of their teeth, and overall smile. The ability to change treatment as your child’s teeth grow makes for a much smoother process in general. Prentice Orthodontics diagnoses problems early so we can prevent painful and costly procedures for your teen down the line.
Benefits of Adolescent Orthodontic Treatment
Forgoing treatment as an adolescent can mean more problems in the future. Misaligned teeth can create serious teeth and mouth health problems.
But, adolescent orthodontic treatment can help reduce the potential risks of tooth and gum issues later in life as well as prevent issues like protrusion of the front teeth, jaw growth disproportion, atypical bite, and tooth decay.
Invisalign® vs. Braces
It’s understandable if your child is worried about the look of metal braces, with or without cool, colored bands. But, today’s orthodontic treatments are light-years from braces of the past.
Prentice Orthodontics offers subtle alternatives, including Invisalign® clear aligners and ceramic braces, and we only install what you’re comfortable with. Like Invisalign®, ceramic braces are translucent, making them barely noticeable. We’ll work to improve the smile of your teen, without hurting their day-to-day confidence.
Invisalign Invisible Braces
Hard to notice and easy to take off or put on, Invisalign® is a great choice for busy teens. No more goopy, uncomfortable mouth impression molds. just a perfect fit and faster service.
Invisalign® allows teens to quickly fix problems like dental arch form, crowding, tooth protrusions, and more. Schedule a consultation about Invisalign® today.
- Invisalign® aligners are hard to notice.
- Invisalign® aligners are removable for eating and brushing.
- Fewer appointments.
- No emergency visits for broken brackets or wires that are poking out uncomfortably.
- Invisalign® aligners won’t interrupt your normal brushing and flossing routine.
- Remove aligners before eating and drinking anything but water.
- Brush and floss after each meal or snack. Any food or sugary drinks left on your teeth will be held there by the aligner and can lead to tooth decay.
- You must wear your aligners for 22 hours per day.
- If you don’t keep track of your Invisalign® aligners, they can be misplaced or lost.
Ceramic Braces for Teens
Ceramic braces are another great option to improve your teen’s smile while maintaining his or her self-image. Ceramic braces are the same size and shape as metal ones, but the brackets are clear or colored just like teeth to blend in.
- Obtain excellent results with ceramic braces.
- You can enjoy wearing fashionable, colored braces.
- Unlike aligners, ceramic braces are permanent and won’t get lost or misplaced.
- Ceramic braces are less noticeable than metal.
- Ceramic braces are attached to teeth, so you won’t lose them.
- Require consistently good hygiene and care.
- Restrictions on some types of food.
- Ceramic braces are more expensive than metal.
- They fracture more easily than metal braces.